Registering for an NCAA Athlete Eligibility Certification Account

If you want to play NCAA sports at a Division I or II school, you need to register for a Certification Account with the NCAA Eligibility Center. College-bound student-athletes in Division III can also create a Profile Page to receive important updates about being a student-athlete and preparing for college. Students who are not sure which division they want to compete in can create a Profile Page and transition to a Certification Account if they decide to play Division I or II sports.

The NCAA Eligibility Center works with you and your high school to help you prepare for life as a student-athlete. If you have questions about your eligibility or the registration process, please review our resources or call us toll free at 1-877-262-1492. International students should call 317-917-6222.

Do I have to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Yes. If you want to compete in NCAA Division I or II athletics in your first year of college, you must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center and be certified academically and as an amateur.

When should I register with the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Register for the NCAA Eligibility Center at the beginning of your junior year in high school. The “My Sports” section should be updated regularly so that colleges or universities recruiting you will have up-to-date information about you. Be sure to ask your high school counselor to send your high school transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center after you have completed at least six semesters of high school coursework.

Is there a registration deadline?

No. However, you must be certified both academically and as an amateur before you are eligible to compete at an NCAA Division I or II college or university during your first year of collegiate enrollment.

What is the cost of the registration fee?

The registration fee is $65 for domestic college-bound student-athletes and $95 for international college-bound student-athletes. There is only one fee to register for the NCAA Eligibility Center, which covers both the academic and amateurism certifications. In addition, there is no reduction of the fee if the college-bound student-athlete does not need an academic certification (e.g., has already served an academic year in residence at a collegiate institution).

May I receive a fee waiver?

Yes, you are eligible for a waiver of the initial-eligibility certification fee if you have already received a fee waiver (not a state voucher) for the ACT or SAT. If you have not been granted a fee waiver by ACT or SAT, then you will NOT be eligible for a waiver of the certification fee. If you are seeking a waiver of the certification fee, you should confirm your eligibility with your high school counselor. Your high school counselor MUST submit an electronic fee waiver confirmation before your registration may be processed.

What do I need before I register?

Below is a list of items that they recommend you have prepared prior to beginning your registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center.

  • Valid email address
  • Basic education history, including a list of all high schools or secondary schools you have attended and the dates during which you attended them.
  • Sports participation history (Certification Accounts only), including details about any teams with which you have practiced or played or events in which you participated, as well as information about any individuals that have advised you or marketed your skills.
  • Payment (Certification Accounts only). The registration fee is $80 for students from the United States and its territories, and Canada. The registration fee is $135 for students from all other countries. You must pay online by debit, credit card or e-check.

Where do I register?

At the NCAA Eligibility Center web page:

RecruitRoot Terms of Use Privacy Policy

© - All Rights Reserved

Website Powered By: Tech Wave IT Solutions

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account